Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Living and Appreciating: St. Augustine

I started this entry on January 14, 2018
It is a three day weekend and I decided to go for a little trip.  I hadn't really spend any time in St. Augustine so I planned a road trip to come stay for two days.

When  I arrived,  I was cold!!  it  was 53 F and it dropped down to 48 with cloudy skies and breezes.  But then at one point it all changed and the clouds parted as if my magic and it was a cloudless sunny day.  I love these kind of moments. Because in Montreal, I would be all  prepared and  here I  think  53  not  cold.. yes cold with humidity.

Emmie or is her name Ellie, the tour guide for Colonial Quarter.
I parked in the Historic Parking Garage and it is perfectly located behind the St. Augustine Welcome Center. In the welcome center I purchased a pass for the Colonial Quarter and the Castillo de San Marcos.  Colonial Quarter was funny.  I recommend it.  The tour guide Ellie demonstrated how blacksmiths worked and told the history of the area in a really pop culture sort of way.

At the Castillo de San Marcos, actors were re-enacting the possible historical scenarios that took place there during various times.  The  costumes were amazing and they really  made the  Castillo come alive for  me.  I  highly recommend  visiting this site.





I wandered around and made my way to Flagler College.  It is definitely a must  visit.


This dome is magnificient.


I wandered around the city taking photos of houses.  I came across this house randomly and it was a house that Martin Luther King Jr. slept at when he was in St.  Augustine.  I just stood there and cried because I was there on the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.  It was my favorite part of my whole trip.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...