Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Appreciating: Empty Airport

Miami International Airport J  concourse


I arrived at the airport as per my early usual.  I have anticipation anxiety.  That means I get so excited by going somewhere that my nerves are all on end until I get to the place I need to go.  For me that place is the airport.

I arrived to an empty counter at Air Canada.  I walked through the priority line, I figured that was me.  When I got to the counter, I asked "Are 2 checked luggage included in the upgrade?,"  He said yes and checked both my luggage bags.  He printed out a boarding pass and notified me that the gate was J7 and that the VIP Lounge was Avianca.  This was so cool.  

I walked over to TSA check-in and I was third in line.  I took all the time in the world to get out everything and un-robe. I even helped the man in front of me tuck in his bookbag straps and get two more bins he needed to get his laptop and tablet out.  The TSA lady was not in a good mood.  He made it through ok and when I went through, it was easy breezy.  The Scanner said You are free to go.  That rarely happened.  This is a great day.

The walk to the concourse was kinda long. I wasn't dragging around my carry-on.  This is great.  I stopped by the Tumi store to check out the new items.  The lady looked at my bag and immediately treated my like a Tumi customer.  I felt like this is what heaven must be like . Only the airport is missing the cats.  Cats are heaven to me.

I stopped by Starbucks and unexpectedly had a balance on one of my Starbucks gift cards.  So I only owed 2.90.  Wonderful.  I proceeded to the V.I.P.  lounge. It was empty for the most part and the greeter was super nice.  The V.I.P lounge has a bar.  Since I don't drink hard liquor I was a little like gosh I wish I could mix a drink for breakfast!  I opted for the only thing that I felt would serve me... A small bowl of  roasted potatoes.





I had finished the potatoes and was going to use the same bowl to get seconds when the server came and put her "work gloved" hand in the bowl.  I told her I was done and decided that was probably a sign that I didn't need more potatoes.

So, I am typing this on my mini keyboard and using my Amazon tablet with the free secure WIFI from the V.I.P Lounge in the Miami International Airport.  All the moments of my life have led me to this place.  I am smiling.  I love my life.

I am calm now.  I am at the airport.  The anticipation anxiety comes back the closer it gets to boarding time.  Since I am first to board this will ease the anxiety greatly and the fact that I just have my backpack makes this all the much more easier.  Totally loving sitting at a table in this lounge with the sweet sounds of soothing music and the soft  murmur of conversations being spoken in languages that I do not recognize. And the clank of silverware and ceramic.

I still have about two hours until I board.  I am kinda hungry, but I would like to save room for the in flight meal.  I hope I can make it partly vegan.  If they have warm nuts I will be happy and a cup of hot water for tea and the leg room and the comfy seat.  I have a window seat.  Awesome! I get to look out the window. The thing about the window seat though, it is cold.  I feel how cold it is to be so high up.  I can smell the winter in Montreal as I type this.  I really am looking forward to saying "Bonjour Montreal."

I downloaded a book and some videos about Montreal.  I will attend to that now.  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...