Sunday, March 25, 2018

Creating and Appreciating: In Philadelphia part 2/3

What a joy to wake up in Philadelphia this morning!  I went out to Walgreens to stock up on bottled water and I saw a 5K blockade had been set up.  As I made my way to Walgreens I said to myself, I hope I get to see them when I come out of the store" and sure enough there they were!  The Love Run.
view for hotel window

Love Run



Subway Station

The weather forecast said rain and snow, however I don't really see that many clouds in the sky.  Time will tell.  Today is Day 3 of the Better Letters Workshop on Lettering by Mike Meyer.  Today is special effects day.  Shadows.  I hope I do well.  I am proud of my accomplishments thus far.

I took the subway to the workshop today.  The platforms for the Philly stations are small and unremarkable.  I am so spoiled by the beautiful Montreal Metro stations.

Here are photos from the workshop for Day 3.




on purpose that says CEW I had the R  in art and didn't want to do another to spell out the word crew.


 I love the way this w looks.


Well class was better today people didn't write curse words and the work looked top notch. They even showed movies during the lunch break.  I was so cold.  My hands were numb.  I must have looked awful because everyone was asking me if I was okay.  My heart was hurting  and I didn't  realize  the reason was because I was so cold.  Pascale  insisted that I move to a location by a heater by just making it  happen  even though I said I was ok.  I am glad she did.  I roasted under the heater as I knew I would.  It was almost as uncomfortable as being cold, but at least my hands weren't numb and my heart stopped hurting.  I have to thank Pascale in the morning, again and the girl who switched places with me.




This is a cast shadow and inset shadow and the A has a an outline.

This is a Block shadow with a cast shadow.


.Today was a fun day.  I left early after I finished the purple cast shadow and got something o eat at Hip Veg.  I needed to go relax and sit  down.  The  workshop is a lot of standing in place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...