Monday, May 28, 2012

DE-tox.. continuing... no longer sleeping Wide Awake

In January of this year, my eyes were opened wide to cruel animal testing procedures that are being performed for  cosmetic companies.  I threw out many of my products and switched to companies that didn't animal test.  Two things  that I changed that bring me to this blog post are lotion and deodorant.  I went from chemical filled Suave  to 100% Organic Shea Butter  and from Degree to Tom's of Maine Deodorant.  Within a month,  I noticed it.  I woke up one morning and just noticed it..  What I am going to say  may sound gross  but,"  I didn't stink!"  I don't wear deodorant to bed and when I woke up  it was shower time before, not anymore  I had detoxed all those impurities out- that caused me to stink.  Commercial deodorant is a scam.  It makes you stink and lotions and shampoos,,all making us  cover our bodies with unnecessary chemicals  and people wonder why they are sick.
    I started  checking the labels more carefully  on the products  I bought  Avalon Organics  (a scam) and Tom's of Maine (also  not chemical free).  Avalon  organics is the worst,  when there are organic preservatives options  they don't use them.  I am looking for a facial routine, but I decided to work on the deodorant first.  So today  my husband  made a batch of deodorant in the kitchen  with 6 ingredients..  Three of them  edible: baking soda, corn starch, and coconut oil.  The other three ingredients are essential oils.. sweet orange, oregano, and peppermint.  So this week I am going to experiment,  One pit Tom's, and one pit natural and organic deodorant.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...