Sunday, June 23, 2013

Creating: Learn to Sew week 5

This week everyone brought in their patterns and the teacher helped everyone trace them and cut out the fabric pieces.  I couldn't believe that we actually were going to start a project.  I was still working on my Aline skirt  and trying to remember how to do sports seams.  We also  learned button holes and  how to sew a button- a very valuable skill that was more difficult than I thought it would be to learn.  For homework  we have to do three button holes and buttons and actually  close with one another.

Here is a picture of the french seam that I did in Organdy for homework  from last class.



I have so much to do now.  I have to get fabric for my final project, cut it and  get ready to sew it for next class!!  Plus all my homework for fashion design class.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...